The Westervelt-Vanderhoef House – located within Weasel Brook Park in Clifton – is one of the oldest buildings in Passaic County and is the oldest county-owned facility. Built in 1720, it was the original home of Gilbert Vanderhoef, owner and operator of a flour and gristmill. Although the property changed hands a number of times, it continued to operate as a gristmill until 1897, when it was owned by the Westervelt family.
Today, the Westervelt-Vanderhoef house serves as an extension to both the Departments of Cultural & Historic Affairs and Parks & Recreation. They permit the use of the building as a meeting space for various organizations, as well as house exhibitions on the history of Clifton, Passaic County, and Weasel Brook Park. In addition, the departments host educational and recreational programs throughout the year.
ADA Accessibility, Events, Exhibitions, Facility Permits, Parking, & Restrooms